Catch of the Day with Lemon Butter & Capers
Servings/Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ lbs tilapia or cod, or any other firm fish, portioned into 4 filets
- 2-4 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1-2 cups flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, divided
- ¼ cup capers
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ lemon
1. Rinse fish off with cold water and pat dry. Season as you wish with cajun seasoning, and dredge with flour.
2. Melt 1/4 cup butter over medium-high heat in large skillet. Add seasoned & dredged fish to skillet, and brown on each side 4-6 minutes. Remove fish from skillet and tent with foil to keep warm.
3. Add remaining 1/4 cup butter, capers, cream, and juice from 1/2 lemon to skillet. Simmer until reduced by half. Serve warm over fish.
Servings/Yield: 3-4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- salt & fresh ground pepper pepper, to taste
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5-7 minutes until slightly translucent. Add eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash, and season with salt & pepper. Saute another 7-10 minutes, stirring often, taking care not to burn.
2. Add tomatoes, garlic, and cajun seasoning. Stir well and continue to cook over medium heat 5-7 minutes until all vegetables are soft. Taste, and season again with salt & pepper.
Source: adapted from New Orleans School of Cooking