How is it that the 4th of July is already this week? Where is this summer going??! Time to roll out those favorite red, white, and blue recipes... Brownie Berry Pizza
, Red, White, & Blue Pasta Salad
, or the good ole' classic Flag Cake
If you're looking for a simple and easy make ahead dessert (or snack) to add to your spread, these No-Bake Cheesecake Parfaits
are perfect! A simple graham cracker crust is topped with a whipped yogurt cheesecake filling, and then your choice of fresh blueberry or fresh strawberry topping. These are even pretty healthy... enough so that we've been enjoying them for snacks. (And maybe breakfast...)
I served them in some 4-oz glass jars, which I thought were super cute. You could also use little plastic punch cups or small bowls or ramekins.
Start with your fruit toppings. For the strawberry, combine some diced strawberries with a bit of sugar. Let them sit about 1 hour until macerated and juicy. For the blueberry, combine some blueberries with sugar and cook over medium heat until they release their juice. Add a little cornstarch mixed with water to thicken it up. (If you want to make it even easier and buy canned fruit topping, I won't tell anyone...)
For the graham cracker crust, mix up your graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and a little melted butter. Press into the bottom of each jar and set aside.
For the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add some Greek yogurt, powdered sugar, and a little vanilla extract. That's it! Scoop it over the graham cracker crust into your jars.
Then, just top with the fruit topping! Easy peasy.
Happy Independence Day!
No-Bake Cheesecake Parfaits
Yield: 12 servings
For the strawberry topping:
For the blueberry topping:
- 1½ cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the graham cracker crust:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
For the no-bake cheesecake:
- ¾ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 8-oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. To prepare strawberry topping, combine diced strawberries and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside and let macerate 1 hour; then mash to release juices.
2. To prepare blueberry topping, combine blueberries with sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat 4-5 minutes until blueberries release their juices. In small bowl, combine cornstarch with water. Add mixture to blueberries; continue cooking and stir until thickened.
3. For the graham cracker base, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Pour a spoonful into the bottom of 12 individual 4-oz flat-bottomed jars or other small ramekin. Pat down with your fingers or a small glass.
4. For the cheesecake layer, beat cream cheese and Greek yogurt until smooth. Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla extract; beat until smooth. Scoop about 1/3-1/2 cup into each jar over the graham cracker crust. Top with strawberry topping and/or blueberry topping. Store in refrigerator until serving.
Source: adapted from Annie's Eats