I've been making these fish tacos for years... it's about time to share the recipe! These are certainly a family favorite, and taste especially good during the summer months. On the patio, with an ice-cold drink and a big bowl of guacamole.
Mango Fish Tacos
are a light and healthy change-up from regular ole' beef tacos. Seasoned white fish is topped with mango salsa, feta, fresh mango, cabbage, and the most addicting cilantro-lime crema. All wrapped up in a tortilla, it's a great combination of textures and flavors that go so well together.
The prep is relatively simple - dicing a mango, mixing up the cilantro-lime crema, and cooking the fish.
For the fish, season your favorite mild white fish with chili powder, salt, and pepper. I have used tilapia, mahi mahi, and cod, and all produce delicious results. (Though mahi mahi might be my favorite.) Then, either grill or bake the fish until it flakes easily with a fork, about 8-10 minutes.
For the cilantro-lime crema, combine a cup of sour cream with some chopped green onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, chili powder, and salt. You will likely have more than you need for the tacos, but this stuff is absolutely delicious! I love to dip my tortilla chips in it.
For the other toppings, you just need mango salsa (or any fruity salsa), diced mango, feta cheese, cabbage, and cilantro. Then just layer it all up on your favorite tortillas!
It doesn't get any fresher than this!
Mango Fish Tacos
Yield: 4 servings
- For the tacos
- 1-lb flaky white fish (mahi mahi, tilapia, or cod)
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- to taste salt & pepper
- 1 mango , diced into small chunks
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups cabbage, chopped
- ½-1 cup mango (or fruity) salsa
- 1 cup feta cheese
- cilantro-lime crema
- 8-12 small tortillas
- Cilantro-Lime Crema
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2½ tablespoons lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1 green onion , diced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
1. To prepare fish, season with chili powder, salt, and pepper. Grill on medium heat or bake at 400*F for 8-10 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork. Tear the fish into small pieces with a fork and set aside.
2. For the cilantro-lime crema, combine sour cream, lime juice, cilantro, green onion, chili powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. To assemble tacos, layer fish, mango salsa, feta, mango, cabbage, cilantro, and cilantro-lime creme on a tortilla.
Source: family favorite