Roasted Veggie Chickpea Salad
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 jalapeno , seeded & finely diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 small frozen corn, bag
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas, rinsed & drained
- 1 package feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400*F. Place tomatoes, jalapeño, onion, corn, and basil on a baking sheet. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons olive oil; toss to combine. Season with salt & pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes, until tender.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine chickpeas, feta, and roasted vegetables. In a small bowl or jar, mix 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey. Whisk or shake to blend until smooth. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Add fresh basil and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Source: adapted from Annie's Eats