Easy Eats - Watermelon Arugula & Feta Salad
3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed & chileld
1/2 cup crumbled feta
7 oz arugula
1/4 small red onion, sliced very thin
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and fresh pepper
Wash Arugula and dry well. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with the remaining ingredients and serve.
Easy Eats - Honey Garlic Slow Chicken Thighs
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
Lay chicken thighs into the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and basil together in a bowl, pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Easy Eats - Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
5 cloves garlic
1/3⅓ cup parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small loaf sour dough bread
3 tablespoons butter
4 ounces deli sliced mozzarella cheese or shredded)
Salt to taste
Combine the garlic cloves, parsley, and olive oil in a small food processor until garlic is in small pieces. If using sliced mozzarella - cut cheese slices into 1 inch squares.
Heat the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the butter melts, add garlic mixture to the butter along with a pinch of salt and allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Using a sharp serrated knife, make 1 inch diagonal cuts across the loaf of bread making sure you don’t cut the bread all the way through. Use a spoon to drizzle the garlic butter into the the cuts of the bread. Take 3-4 cheese squares and put them in the cuts. Place the garlic bread on a sheet of foil; use a second piece to cover the top (it will be removed later). Allow the bread to bake for 10 minutes. Remove the top piece of foil and allow the bread to bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Serve warm. Source: Marzia from Little Spice Jar
Easy Eats - Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup granola
1 cup berries/chopped fruits
- Mix together the milk, yogurt and 1 tsp of the honey. Divide the mixture between your popsicle moulds. Place a few berries into each mould. Mix the last teaspoon of honey with the granola (you can place the honey in the microwave for 10 seconds if you are struggling to mix it) and top the yogurt with a little granola mixture. Place a wooden ice cream stick into each mould and place the popsicles into the freezer for at least 4 hours before consuming. To remove the popsicles, run the mould under a little hot water until they come loose.
Easy Eats - Creamy Taco Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 ears corn on the cob, silks removed, husks pulled down
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsps taco seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush corn evenly with oil and place onto hot grill. Grill for a few minutes each side until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Place sour cream and taco seasoning into a small mixing bowl until well combined. Drizzle sauce over warm grilled corn and serve.
Easy Eats - Sirloin Kabobs
light brown sugar
seasoning (garlic pepper)
sirloin steak (beef, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
green bell pepper (cut into 2 inch pieces)
fresh mushrooms (stems removed)
fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cubed)
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning, and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Reserve about 1/2 cup of this marinade for basting. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the remaining marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add green peppers, and cook for 1 minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion. Discard marinade and the bag.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Easy Eats - Lemon Butter Chicken
chicken breasts (pounded slightly flat)
butter (room temperature)
lemon (sliced, for garnish)
1. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, get a heavy skillet warm on medium heat and then sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked throughout. Then, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and let them sit for a moment on a plate.
3. Add the lemon juice and butter to the skillet and cook for a few moments on medium heat until the sauce thickens. Then, add the sliced lemon and chicken breasts to the pan.
4. Using a spoon, baste the chicken with the sauce until the chicken is coated with the sauce. Serve warm.
Adapted from DariusCooks.com
Easy Eats - Green Bean Gremolata
1 pound French green beans, trimmed
2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Watch how to make this recipe.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
For the gremolata, toss the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, parmesan, and pine nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drain the beans and pat them dry. Add the beans to the pan and saute, turning frequently, for 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through. Off the heat, add the gremolata and toss well. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and serve hot.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa.