Easy Eats -Braised Balsamic Chicken
6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 teaspoon garlic salt
ground black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1/2 Cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook seasoned chicken breasts until chicken is browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar over chicken; season with basil, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Simmer util chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes.
Easy Eats - Parmesan Roasted Corn
1/2 cup mayonnaise
5 ears corn
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Brush a thin layer of mayonnaise on each ear of corn.
- Sprinkle the corn with parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt, pepper.
- Wrap each ear with aluminum foil and place on the grill. Turn occasionally, until the kernels begin to brown; about 10 minutes.
Easy Eats - 3 Ingredient Stuffed Zucchini
5 ozs. Goat Cheese
2 Cups Marinara Sauce
Chopped Parsley (optional)
Preheat oven or grill to 400F.
Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving the zucchini hollowed out. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on baking sheet.
Using half of goat cheese, spread a small amount in the bottom of each zucchini.
Spoon marinara sauce on top, then dot with remaining goat cheese.
Grill or bake until goat cheese is soft and marinara is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
Easy Eats - Charred Corn with Chile and Cheese
4 ears of corn, husked
1 large shallot
1/2 red chile, with seeds, thinly sliced into rings
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 oz. fresh Cotija cheese or queso fresco, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
Prepare grill for medium heat. Cut kernels from 1 corn cob and toss with shallot, chile, and lime juice in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Brush remaining 3 ears of corn with 2 Tbsp. oil and grill, turning occasionally, until very tender and charred in spots, 10–12 minutes. Let cool.
Cut kernels from cobs and add to reserved corn mixture along with cheese, cilantro, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
Easy Eats - Watermelon Arugula & Feta Salad
3 cups seedless watermelon, cubed & chileld
1/2 cup crumbled feta
7 oz arugula
1/4 small red onion, sliced very thin
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt and fresh pepper
Wash Arugula and dry well. In a large bowl, whisk vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss with the remaining ingredients and serve.
Easy Eats - Honey Garlic Slow Chicken Thighs
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
Lay chicken thighs into the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and basil together in a bowl, pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Easy Eats - Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
5 cloves garlic
1/3⅓ cup parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small loaf sour dough bread
3 tablespoons butter
4 ounces deli sliced mozzarella cheese or shredded)
Salt to taste
Combine the garlic cloves, parsley, and olive oil in a small food processor until garlic is in small pieces. If using sliced mozzarella - cut cheese slices into 1 inch squares.
Heat the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the butter melts, add garlic mixture to the butter along with a pinch of salt and allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Using a sharp serrated knife, make 1 inch diagonal cuts across the loaf of bread making sure you don’t cut the bread all the way through. Use a spoon to drizzle the garlic butter into the the cuts of the bread. Take 3-4 cheese squares and put them in the cuts. Place the garlic bread on a sheet of foil; use a second piece to cover the top (it will be removed later). Allow the bread to bake for 10 minutes. Remove the top piece of foil and allow the bread to bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Serve warm. Source: Marzia from Little Spice Jar
Easy Eats - Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup granola
1 cup berries/chopped fruits
- Mix together the milk, yogurt and 1 tsp of the honey. Divide the mixture between your popsicle moulds. Place a few berries into each mould. Mix the last teaspoon of honey with the granola (you can place the honey in the microwave for 10 seconds if you are struggling to mix it) and top the yogurt with a little granola mixture. Place a wooden ice cream stick into each mould and place the popsicles into the freezer for at least 4 hours before consuming. To remove the popsicles, run the mould under a little hot water until they come loose.
Easy Eats - Creamy Taco Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 ears corn on the cob, silks removed, husks pulled down
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsps taco seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush corn evenly with oil and place onto hot grill. Grill for a few minutes each side until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Place sour cream and taco seasoning into a small mixing bowl until well combined. Drizzle sauce over warm grilled corn and serve.