Easy Eats - Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup granola
1 cup berries/chopped fruits
- Mix together the milk, yogurt and 1 tsp of the honey. Divide the mixture between your popsicle moulds. Place a few berries into each mould. Mix the last teaspoon of honey with the granola (you can place the honey in the microwave for 10 seconds if you are struggling to mix it) and top the yogurt with a little granola mixture. Place a wooden ice cream stick into each mould and place the popsicles into the freezer for at least 4 hours before consuming. To remove the popsicles, run the mould under a little hot water until they come loose.
Easy Eats - Creamy Taco Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 ears corn on the cob, silks removed, husks pulled down
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsps taco seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush corn evenly with oil and place onto hot grill. Grill for a few minutes each side until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Place sour cream and taco seasoning into a small mixing bowl until well combined. Drizzle sauce over warm grilled corn and serve.
Easy Eats - Sirloin Kabobs
light brown sugar
seasoning (garlic pepper)
sirloin steak (beef, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
green bell pepper (cut into 2 inch pieces)
fresh mushrooms (stems removed)
fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cubed)
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning, and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Reserve about 1/2 cup of this marinade for basting. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the remaining marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add green peppers, and cook for 1 minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion. Discard marinade and the bag.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
Easy Eats - Lemon Butter Chicken
chicken breasts (pounded slightly flat)
butter (room temperature)
lemon (sliced, for garnish)
1. Season the chicken liberally with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, get a heavy skillet warm on medium heat and then sear the chicken on both sides until golden brown and cooked throughout. Then, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and let them sit for a moment on a plate.
3. Add the lemon juice and butter to the skillet and cook for a few moments on medium heat until the sauce thickens. Then, add the sliced lemon and chicken breasts to the pan.
4. Using a spoon, baste the chicken with the sauce until the chicken is coated with the sauce. Serve warm.
Adapted from DariusCooks.com
Easy Eats - Green Bean Gremolata
1 pound French green beans, trimmed
2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
2 1/2 tablespoons good olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Watch how to make this recipe.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch them for 2 to 3 minutes, until tender but still crisp. Drain the beans in a colander and immediately put them into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and preserve their bright green color.
For the gremolata, toss the garlic, lemon zest, parsley, parmesan, and pine nuts in a small bowl and set aside.
When ready to serve, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drain the beans and pat them dry. Add the beans to the pan and saute, turning frequently, for 2 minutes, until coated with olive oil and heated through. Off the heat, add the gremolata and toss well. Sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and serve hot.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa.
Source: Annie's Eats
- For the pimento cheese topping
- 4-oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise (light is fine)
- 1 tablespoon diced pimentos
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper, to taste
- For the burgers
- 1½ lbs. ground sirloin
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- To serve
Heat a grill to medium-high. To make the pimento cheese, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, pimentos, onion, and Worcestershire in a bowl; stir until completely combined. Set aside. To make the burger patties, combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl. Gently knead together, being careful not to overwork. Form into four equal patties, indenting slightly in the center. Grill the burgers, turning once, until done to your liking. A couple of minutes before the burgers are finished cooking, add 2 tablespoons of the pimento cheese mixture and finish cooking so that the cheese melts on top. Remove from the grill and let rest about 5 minutes. Serve on toasted burger buns and top with lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!
Hawaiian Beef Burgers
Adapted from Taste of Home
- 20-oz. can unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- 4 (one package) Hawaiian hamburger rolls
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and sliced in half
- feta cheese
Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup pineapple, pepper, and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 4 patties; place in a glass dish. In a small bowl, combine reserved pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper. Pour marinade over burgers; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning burgers once. Drain and discard marinade. Line grill with foil. Place patties on foil and grill 6-7 minutes. (This helps them stay together... they tend to fall apart.) When burgers are seared, remove foil from grill and place burgers directly on grill. Grill until desired doneness, flipping once. Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and toast. To assemble burgers, place patty on bottom half of bun. Top with a bit of feta cheese and three bacon halves. Top with a piece of lettuce. On top half of bun, spoon a bit of reserved pineapple. Sandwich together and eat! Yum!
Balsamic Peach Chicken Skillet
(adapted from CookingClassy.com)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 (5 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 cups sliced firm but ripe peaches (about 2 medium)
- 1 (14.5) oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil ribbons
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute 3 minutes then push far to the side. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until golden, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and transfer to a plate, while leaving oil and onions in skillet (if you don't have much oil left you can add another 1/2 Tbsp). Add garlic to skillet and saute 20 seconds (you can push onions back to center if you haven't already). Add balsamic vinegar and cook and stir until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Stir in honey then add in peaches and tomatoes and toss, season lightly with salt and pepper. Return chicken to skillet, nestling between peaches and tomatoes (you can lift some of the peaches and tomatoes over the chicken to create more room), cover skillet with lid, reduce heat to medium-low and allow to simmer until chicken has cooked through (it should register 165 degrees on an instant read thermometer), about 6 - 9 minutes. Top with fresh basil and serve warm.