Easy Eats - 3 Ingredient Stuffed Zucchini
5 ozs. Goat Cheese
2 Cups Marinara Sauce
Chopped Parsley (optional)
Preheat oven or grill to 400F.
Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, leaving the zucchini hollowed out. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and place on baking sheet.
Using half of goat cheese, spread a small amount in the bottom of each zucchini.
Spoon marinara sauce on top, then dot with remaining goat cheese.
Grill or bake until goat cheese is soft and marinara is bubbling, about 10 minutes.
Easy Eats - Charred Corn with Chile and Cheese
4 ears of corn, husked
1 large shallot
1/2 red chile, with seeds, thinly sliced into rings
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
2 oz. fresh Cotija cheese or queso fresco, crumbled
1/4 cup cilantro leaves with tender stems
Prepare grill for medium heat. Cut kernels from 1 corn cob and toss with shallot, chile, and lime juice in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Brush remaining 3 ears of corn with 2 Tbsp. oil and grill, turning occasionally, until very tender and charred in spots, 10–12 minutes. Let cool.
Cut kernels from cobs and add to reserved corn mixture along with cheese, cilantro, and remaining 2 Tbsp. oil. Toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
Easy Eats - Honey Garlic Slow Chicken Thighs
4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried basil
Lay chicken thighs into the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Whisk soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, and basil together in a bowl, pour over the chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Easy Eats - Grilled Veggie Pizza
1 lb pizza dough, prepared
½ C Italian Vinaigrette (I used Briannas)
14 oz can diced tomatoes (or fresh), drained
1 ear corn, fresh (husk intact)
1 zucchini, chopped
½ large red onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
6 oz mozzarella, chopped
Garnish: fresh basil
Place zucchini, onion and garlic in a bowl with vinaigrette. Set aside. Press pizza dough down into a flat round(ish) disc on a nonstick surface, such as non stick foil. Brush top with oil. Wrap corn in a damp towel and place in microwave. Cook on high for 6 minutes. Allow to cool enough to handle. Remove husk and silk. It should peel away very easily. Preheat grill to medium/high heat. Remove vegetables from bowl with a slotted spoon and place on grill, on a grill tray or basket. Place corn on the grill as well. Remove garlic after just 2 minutes on grill, as not to burn. Grill remaining vegetables 7-10 minutes, occasionally turning. Remove from grill and set aside. Cut kernels from cob and place with other vegetables. Place pizza dough directly on grill rack, oiled side down. Cook just 2-4 minutes, until nice grill marks are in place. Brush oil on the top of dough. Flip over using spatula and/or tongs. Layer ingredients on pizza, starting with the tomatoes and ending with the cheese. Once toppings are on pizza, reduce heat to medium/low and cover. Cook about 4-5 minutes until dough is firm and cheese is melted. Garnish with torn basil leaves if desired.
Easy Eats - Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
5 cloves garlic
1/3⅓ cup parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small loaf sour dough bread
3 tablespoons butter
4 ounces deli sliced mozzarella cheese or shredded)
Salt to taste
Combine the garlic cloves, parsley, and olive oil in a small food processor until garlic is in small pieces. If using sliced mozzarella - cut cheese slices into 1 inch squares.
Heat the butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. When the butter melts, add garlic mixture to the butter along with a pinch of salt and allow to cook for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Using a sharp serrated knife, make 1 inch diagonal cuts across the loaf of bread making sure you don’t cut the bread all the way through. Use a spoon to drizzle the garlic butter into the the cuts of the bread. Take 3-4 cheese squares and put them in the cuts. Place the garlic bread on a sheet of foil; use a second piece to cover the top (it will be removed later). Allow the bread to bake for 10 minutes. Remove the top piece of foil and allow the bread to bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese melts completely. Serve warm. Source: Marzia from Little Spice Jar
Easy Eats - Breakfast Yogurt Popsicles
1 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp honey
1/2 cup granola
1 cup berries/chopped fruits
- Mix together the milk, yogurt and 1 tsp of the honey. Divide the mixture between your popsicle moulds. Place a few berries into each mould. Mix the last teaspoon of honey with the granola (you can place the honey in the microwave for 10 seconds if you are struggling to mix it) and top the yogurt with a little granola mixture. Place a wooden ice cream stick into each mould and place the popsicles into the freezer for at least 4 hours before consuming. To remove the popsicles, run the mould under a little hot water until they come loose.
Easy Eats - Creamy Taco Grilled Corn on the Cob
4 ears corn on the cob, silks removed, husks pulled down
2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup sour cream
3 tbsps taco seasoning
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Brush corn evenly with oil and place onto hot grill. Grill for a few minutes each side until grill marks appear. Remove from heat.
- Place sour cream and taco seasoning into a small mixing bowl until well combined. Drizzle sauce over warm grilled corn and serve.
Easy Eats - Sirloin Kabobs
light brown sugar
seasoning (garlic pepper)
sirloin steak (beef, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes)
green bell pepper (cut into 2 inch pieces)
fresh mushrooms (stems removed)
fresh pineapple (peeled, cored and cubed)
- In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, light brown sugar, distilled white vinegar, garlic powder, seasoned salt, garlic pepper seasoning, and lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage. Reserve about 1/2 cup of this marinade for basting. Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. Cover with the remaining marinade, and seal. Refrigerate for 8 hours, or overnight.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add green peppers, and cook for 1 minute, just to blanch. Drain, and set aside.
- Preheat grill for high heat. Thread steak, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and pineapple onto skewers in an alternating fashion. Discard marinade and the bag.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Cook kabobs on the prepared grill for 10 minutes, or to desired doneness. Baste frequently with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com